Our Success Record
Below are brief summaries of recent settlements/verdicts
of cases we have litigated and resolved for past clients.
- $20 million settlement involving a 19 year old female who underwent open heart surgery. The surgeon did not properly remove air from her heart after performing bypass causing her heart to suffer an air embolus that left her severely brain damaged.
- $10.5 million settlement following the birth of her daughter, a 28-year-old woman was diagnosed with post-partum cardiomyopathy and suffered a stroke from a hemorrhagic bleed causing left-sided hemiparesis.
- $10 million settlement involving a two day old infant with down syndrome who underwent surgery for a bowel obstruction. A central venous catheter was incorrectly placed and allowed administered fluid to penetrate the heart wall resulting in cardiac arrest and severe brain damage.
- $5 Million settlement for a newborn who sustained brain damage as a result of trauma to the newborn’s head following birth while under the care of hospital staff.
- $2.9 million settlement for a 30-year-old female who, following the birth of her second child, developed a bacterial infection. The infection progressed to sepsis and septic shock related to or complicated by coagulopathy—DIC causing subsequent limb amputations. She died at the age of 35 from unrelated causes. Cobb County, Georgia.
- $2.25 Million settlement involving the death of a 30 year old female who died as a result of the failure to diagnose and treat peripartum cardiomyopathy. The case was turned down by 5 other law firms.
- $2 million settlement for a 38-year-old male who underwent an ERCP and sphincterotomy which were not medically indicated resulting in pancreatitis and hospital admissions.
- $1,716,469 Jury verdict award in Sangamon County for a 34 year old female who sustained pelvic organ prolapsed as a result of forceps delivery. $125,000 offer before trial. Sangamon County, Illinois.
- $1.6 million settlement for a 68-year-old retired physician who was administered excessive opioids including morphine following a successful surgery to remove a small malignancy. The overdose resulted in over sedation and cardiorespiratory arrest causing end stage renal disorders requiring dialysis.
- $1.5 million settlement for a traumatic birth resulting in a brachial plexus injury to the newborn. Kane County, Illinois.
- $1.5 million settlement for a traumatic birth resulting in a brachial plexus injury to the newborn. Winnebago County, Illinois.
- $1.4 million settlement involving the wrongful death of a newborn due to the failure to perform a cesarean section delivery in a timely manner.
- $1 Million settlement for the traumatic birth of a baby resulting in a brachial plexus injury. Lake County, Illinois.
- $950,000 settlement involving the wrongful death of a newborn due to the failure to perform a cesarean section delivery in a timely manner.
- $950,000 Jury verdict against an in-home nursing agency for an 81 year old male, who underwent a right below the knee amputation as a result of a heel pressure sore that progressed to necrotizing fasciitis. No offer before trial. Defense blamed elderly client for waiting to call in-home nurse when heel infection progressed.
- $900,000 Settlement for the traumatic birth of a baby resulting in a brachial plexus injury. Winnebago County, Illinois.
- $750,000 settlement for the traumatic birth of a baby resulting in a brachial plexus injury.
- $600,000 settlement following a jury trial resulting in a hung Jury – 9 to 3 for plaintiff for the death of a 46 year old male who overdosed on prescription methadone. No offer before trial.
- $400,000 verdict against Cook County Hospital for the death of a two day old infant. No offer before trial.
Car, Motorcycle, Bus and Trucking Collisions:
- $6.5 million wrongful death settlement for a 42-year-old female Japanese citizen struck and killed by a Chicago Trolley bus as she was walking across Michigan Avenue at Monroe Street in Chicago. The victim was survived by her parents and sister.
- $3.85 million settlement for a married couple riding their motorcycle in Wisconsin who suffered serious injuries when a vehicle made a left hand turn into their lane of travel causing a collision.
- $2.65 million settlement for a 56-year-old male driver who was struck at a T-intersection causing multiple rib and pelvis fractures, lumbar spine fractures, hemothorax requiring thoracotomy and episodes of respiratory distress during his recovery. Adams County, Illinois.
- $1.8 million settlement for a passenger in a vehicle which was struck head on causing her to sustain a ruptured aorta which was surgically repaired.
- $1.2 million verdict for a passenger in a vehicle who sustained a herniated cervical disk requiring surgical repair. Offer before trial was $75,000.
- $1 million settlement for a 46-year-old female who was broadsided by a tractor trailer that failed to yield at the intersection and sustained low back injuries requiring surgery.
- $975,000 settlement for a 46-year-old male driver who was broadsided by another car and sustained a herniated disc at C5-6 requiring surgery and right shoulder rotator cuff partial tear. He was able to return to work.
- $550,000 settlement for a woman making a left hand turn who sustained a herniated disk when she was struck by a tractor trailer.
- $450,000 settlement involving a woman who suffered a fractured neck without permanent injury after being hit by a CTA bus.
- $350,000 settlement for a man who sustained a herniated lumbar disk when his motor vehicle was struck by a tractor trailer on the Dan Ryan expressway.
Police Pursuit And Misconduct:
- $3.5 million wrongful death verdict awarded to the Estate of a 58-year-old single African-American woman who died when her vehicle was struck by a Chicago Police vehicle involved in a police chase. The female victim was survived by her sister and 3 brothers.
- $380,000 settlement for a female who was tazed multiple times by 3 male police officers.
- $2.9 million settlement for a now adult male who was sexually abused as a child by a Seventh-Day Adventist Pastor. The pedophile Pastor had been transferred by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church from South America to Chicago because of allegations of child abuse. In Illinois, the Pastor then abused the minor on church property and in a forest preserve at a church event.
- $2 million settlement for the survivor of sexual abuse by a Catholic Priest. The abuse occurred when the female victim was a minor attending a Chicago area Catholic middle school.
- $1 million settlement for the survivor of sexual abuse by a Catholic Priest. The abuse occurred when the male victim was a minor attending a Chicago area Catholic middle school.
Nursing Home Abuse And Neglect:
- $495,000 settlement on behalf of the surviving family of a 78-year-old nursing home resident with Parkinson’s and dementia who died as a result of the severe dehydration causing aspiration pneumonia, sepsis, and septic shock.
- $475,000 settlement for a 70-year-old female nursing home resident who developed a large abdominal abscess caused by the nursing home staff’s failure to properly check and monitor her gastrostomy tube (G-tube) resulting in it becoming dislodged. Tube feedings continued causing an abdominal infection requiring surgical procedures and IV antibiotics to clean the abdomen and infection. She died two years later of unrelated causes.
- $450,000 settlement for the surviving family of an 86-year-old nursing home resident who died as a result of an untreated urinary tract infection (UTI) causing sepsis and septic shock.
- $450,000 settlement on behalf of the estate of a 70-year-old female nursing home resident with a tracheostomy tube. Despite the risk of respiratory distress as a result of the tracheostomy tube becoming dislodged or strangulation from clothing covering her neck area, the nursing home failed to take any precautions. Her tracheostomy tube was dislodged when her clothing became tangled in the wheel of her wheelchair causing strangulation and death.
- $450,000 settlement for the death of an 87 year old female resident with severe dementia who was assaulted at the nursing home.
- $400,000 settlement for the death of a 79 year old male resident with severe dementia and seizure disorder who died as a result of septic shock and volume depletion.
- $375,000 settlement for the surviving family of a 95-year-old female resident of a nursing home who developed a Stage IV sacral ulcer following surgical repair of a fractured hip. The sacral ulcer contributed to the cause of her death.
- $250,000 settlement for a 58-year-old female with a medical history of diabetes, vascular disease, and prior amputations, admitted to a nursing home for physical therapy for her left foot, IV antibiotics and wound care. During her admission, she did not receive proper wound care causing the left wound to worsen and the development of a right heel pressure wound.
- $225,000 settlement for a paraplegic female resident who developed a sacral pressure ulcer requiring surgery.
- $3.5 million verdict for a construction worker injured when the load he was attempting to off-load from a semi-tractor shifted, striking him at the waist. Offer before trial was $50,000.00
- $1.4 million settlement for a crane operator injured when the crane he was operating tipped over.
- $950,000 settlement and waiver of the worker’s compensation lien to a truck driver who suffered severe left elbow injury requiring multiple surgeries while he was assisting in loading a trailer.
- $750,000 settlement and waiver of the workers compensation lien to a non-union construction laborer who fell at a construction site and sustained a severe leg fracture requiring surgery with internal fixation.
- $450,000 settlement and waiver of the worker’s compensation lien for a 49-year-old male who was exposed to histoplasmosis capsulatum spores due to the presence of bats under a bridge at the construction site. This caused pulmonary histoplasmosis. He was ultimately able to return to work. Peoria County, Illinois.
- $1.8 million settlement for a 44-year-old woman who was sexually assaulted after-hours at her place of work by an unknown perpetrator. The allegations of negligence included inadequate security precautions by the property management company.
- $1.6 million verdict for a minor burned in a Chicago Housing Authority Apartment. No offer before trial.
- $957,000 settlement against the elevator maintenance company and building management company for a female passenger in an elevator who sustained neck injuries requiring a one level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. The passenger elevator had an electro mechanical failure that caused it to come at a sudden stop resulting in entrapment.
- $950,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a boy who was severely beaten outside a Burger King restaurant.
- $645,000 settlement for a 34 year old female who sustained a comminuted fracture of the left tibial plateau and left lateral meniscus tear when a stairwell collapsed at a construction site of residential townhomes.
- $450,000 settlement against the building management company and elevator maintenance company for a 70-year-old female passenger in an elevator who was injured as a result of a trip and fall caused by the elevator car failing to level at the floor. This resulted in right shoulder injuries requiring surgical repair.
- $225,000 settlement for a 56-year-old female who fell down the back stairwell that did not meet safety code requirement resulting in a fractured ankle requiring surgery.
- $975,000 settlement for a man whose attorney failed to file his trucking accident lawsuit.
- $550,000 for a woman whose attorney failed to file her motor vehicle accident lawsuit.
- $325,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union Hispanic truck driver after undergoing multiple elbow surgeries.
- $300,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union Hispanic laborer who injured his back and underwent a two-level fusion.
- $300,000 wage differential for a landscaper who was released to work with lift restrictions
- $295,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union forklift operator who underwent two shoulder arthroscopies.
- $275,000 lump sum settlement for a cement truck driver who underwent a two-level cervical fusion.
- $248,000 for an office worker who sustained neck injuries and was released back to work for light duty.
- $245,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union carpenter who underwent a two-level lumbar fusion.
- $225,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union Polish laborer after a back injury requiring surgery.
- $215,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union Hispanic construction worker after a two-level lumbar fusion.
- $200,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union truck driver after a severe ankle fracture with hardware.
- $195,000 lump sum settlement for a Hispanic non-union electrician after multiple shoulder surgeries.
- $185,000 wage differential for a laborer who was released to work with lifting restrictions.
- $175,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union Hispanic laborer after a severe ankle fracture requiring surgery.
- $160,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union Polish construction worker after a severe hand injury.
- $158,000 for a police officer who sustained a head injury causing dizziness and blurred vision.
- $150,000 wage differential for a 60 year old man who was released to work with minimal restrictions.
- $150,000 for a factory worker who sustained back and shoulder injuries and was released for medium duty.
- $150,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union Hispanic truck driver after a back surgery.
- $145,000 lump sum settlement for a non-union laborer after a one-level cervical fusion.