If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident, it is important that you begin looking out for your best interests.

Niles, IL – Teen Killed in Bike Crash at Waukegan Rd & Cleveland St

by | Jul 23, 2020 | Car Accidents, Injuries

Niles, IL (July 19, 2020) – Local reports revealed that a teenage boy was killed while riding his bike in Niles. The accident occurred on Thursday, July 16. The boy was riding when he was hit at around 2:40 p.m. that afternoon. He was reportedly traveling at the intersection of Waukegan Road and Cleveland Street at the time of the accident. 

The crash reportedly occurred at the 8200 block of Waukegan Road. The 13-year-old boy was transported to Luthern General Hospital after the accident. He was later pronounced dead at the facility. At this time, the identity of the deceased party has been withheld. 

According to witnesses from the scene of the accident, the boy was struck by a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck. The 18-year-old man driving the Silverado remained at the scene and cooperated with authorities. It is not believed that intoxication was a factor in the crash. 

At this time, the cause of the crash is still unknown. No other injuries were reported. The investigation into the crash is being managed by the Niles Police Department (NPD) and the Major Crash Assistance Team (MCAT). More information will be released as the investigation continues. 

We would like to extend our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased victim at this time.

Deadly Bicycle Collisions in Illinois

Niles, IL - Teen Killed in Bike Crash at Waukegan Rd & Cleveland St

When a collision occurs involving a motor vehicle and a bicycle, the cyclist is the one who is at risk of suffering severe injuries. In 2015, there were a total of 45,000 vehicle collisions involving bicycles reported across the country. While the overall number of bicycle accidents is decreasing, deadly bicycle crashes are on the rise. There were 856 reported bicycle fatalities in the United States in 2018. That is a nearly 6% increase from the previous year. Nearly 75% of reported bicycle fatalities take place in urban areas, while the remaining 25% take place in rural areas. 

The grief and devastation of losing a loved one due to another’s negligence is nearly unbearable. Surviving family members often take on damages resulting from the accident, and they may be able to recover lost compensation by pursuing a wrongful death claim with the help of an experienced Illinois bicycle accident attorney. In an Illinois wrongful death claim, a representative of the decedent’s estate — usually a close family member — seeks damages from those at fault for the person’s death to obtain compensation for damages. 

At Kent M. Lucaccioni, Ltd., we understand the grief and pain that families experience when a family member is killed. While no amount of money can bring back a lost family member, an Illinois wrongful death lawsuit can help families address the financial difficulties associated with the accident. Our legal team is dedicated to making sure that each of our clients recovers the compensation they deserve after losing a loved one. Contact our offices today at 877-930-2551 to see what our Illinois wrongful death lawyers can do for you. 

Note: As a result of the secondary sources that were used to complete this post, the information included within has not been independently verified by our own staff and may include misinformation. If you read something that, to your knowledge, is incorrect, please contact us as soon as possible and we will correct the inaccuracy.

Disclaimer: As members of the local Chicago and broader Illinois community, we hope everyone in our community is safe and protected. We cover the events included in this blog as a way to offer support to the victims in similar circumstances and to provide relief during these difficult times. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. You should speak with a trained legal professional for more information regarding your situation. The photographs depicted in these posts are not representative of the actual accident scene.


FindLaw Network