If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident, it is important that you begin looking out for your best interests.

Frankfort, IL – Tony Mosley Killed in Motorcycle Crash on I-80

by | Jul 23, 2020 | Car Accidents, Injuries

Frankfort, IL (July 19, 2020) – Local sources reported that a motorcyclist was killed following a hit-and-run accident. The crash occurred in the Frankfort area on Friday, July 17. The incident reportedly took place that morning at around 11:15 a.m. The deceased victim was identified by the Will County Coroner’s office as 69-year-old Tony L. Mosley of Lansing, Illinois. 

Emergency responders and local law enforcement officials were called to the scene of the accident on I-80 near the area of Oak Park Avenue. The collision reportedly involved a motorcycle and another vehicle. Mosley was transported to the emergency room at Silver Cross Hospital for the treatment of critical injuries. He was later pronounced dead at around 11:51 a.m. 

The driver involved in the crash reportedly fled the scene. At this time, local authorities are currently seeking information on the identity of the driver and the type of vehicle involved in the accident. No further updates on the collision are currently available. 

An ongoing investigation into the crash is being managed by local law enforcement officials. More information will be released as it continues. 

We would like to extend our deepest condolences to the family of Tony Mosley at this time.

Deadly Motorcycle Accidents in Illinois

Frankfort, IL - Tony Mosley Killed in Motorcycle Crash on I-80

Motorcyclists lack the same protection afforded to passenger-vehicle occupants. For that reason, riders are more likely to be killed in the event of a crash. Statistics find that motorcyclists are nearly 27 times more likely to sustain fatal injuries in a motor vehicle accident. Despite only accounting for 3% of reported roadway accidents, motorcycle fatalities are involved in more than 14% of highway deaths annually. According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycle crashes have an 80% chance of resulting in injuries. For passenger vehicles, that rate is reduced to only 20%. 

The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) tracks the rate of motorcycle collisions in the state. The report found that there were 3,756 reported motorcycle collisions in 2011. These crashes contributed to the deaths of 145 motorcyclists and the injury of 3,020 riders. 

A wrongful death lawsuit can be brought by a family member when a loved one has died due to the negligent behavior of another person. There are many potential situations that may warrant a wrongful death suit in Illinois, including a car accident, medical malpractice, or even nursing home negligence. Illinois state law allows a victim’s family or estate to recover compensation in the event of a wrongful death in order to recover from damages resulting from the loss of a loved one.

If you believe that your loved one’s death may have been caused by another person’s negligence, you need to consult with an experienced Illinois wrongful death attorney. Kent M. Lucaccioni, Ltd. will make sure that your interests and legal rights are protected through every step of the legal process, and our years of experience means we can help you construct a strong case. Contact our offices today at 877-930-2551 if you’ve lost a loved one in a deadly Illinois motorcycle accident

Note: As a result of the secondary sources that were used to complete this post, the information included within has not been independently verified by our own staff and may include misinformation. If you read something that, to your knowledge, is incorrect, please contact us as soon as possible and we will correct the inaccuracy.

Disclaimer: As members of the local Chicago and broader Illinois community, we hope everyone in our community is safe and protected. We cover the events included in this blog as a way to offer support to the victims in similar circumstances and to provide relief during these difficult times. This is not a solicitation for business, and this information should not be misconstrued as medical or legal advice. You should speak with a trained legal professional for more information regarding your situation. The photographs depicted in these posts are not representative of the actual accident scene.


FindLaw Network